With larger monitors (23 inches and above) I wouldn't buy anything that didn't have IPS – which is why I'm happy to see another entry in the 30" LCD category from Dell – the UltraSharp U3011 – which is shipping now
- Resolution - 2560 x 1600 (16:10 aspect ration) – what you'd expect for this size. Though I wonder if Apple's new 27" Led Cinema Display will set a new standard with 2560-by-1440 which matches the cinematic 16:9 aspect ration.
- Video Input - HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI-D
- USB ports
- 7-in-1 media card reader – Nice touch!
Keep in mind it enters a category with other great options (all are IPS monitors)
- HP LP3065 30-inch LCD Monitor – that I own and adore even if it isn't the one with the most fancy options
- HP ZR30w 30-inch LCD Monitor – a successor to the LP3065
- Apple LED Cinema Display 27-inch – with it's 16x9 aspect ration and higher pixel density it might be a reason to downsize if you find the 30" monitors just too bulky.