Hypersnap is still my favorite screen capture tool. I’ve mentioned this before but it bears repeating: I like it so much I don’t simply pay the upgrade cost but instead purchase a new full license for each version (US$ 40 instead of US$ 20).
The full list is here: http://www.hyperionics.com/hsdx/features.asp but here is a quick summary
- New Ribbon-based user interface
- Drawing is easier – annotations to the capture are “separate objects” from the capture allowing easier editing
- New native Hypersnap save format “.DHS”
- Can pick colors and see exact RGB values easily from the capture
- Save images as PDF
What I like
- New UI is great all around
- Much simpler editing
- Configuration is easier – a lot of the options are in the ribbon instead of buried in dialogs
- Peformance – still fast and lightweight
- Work the cost? Yes. As always.
Ribbon Capture Tab
Ribbon Edit Tab
Ribbon Image Tab
Ribbon TextSnap Tab
Ribbon Setup Tab
Other Capture Settings
Ribbon Help Tab
Software Update Notifications
Just click it and you’ll be quickly upgraded to the new version.
All Capture Settings